Who we are
Our website address is: https://sirenebathware.com.au
We Destinkt. Bathroom Solutions (Pty) Ltd and Destinkt Bathroom Solutions Australia (hereinafter DESTINKT. BATHROOM SOLUTIONS) respect and value your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of the users of this website.
The Policy covers DESTINKT. BATHROOM SOLUTIONS and its related entities within Australia.
The Policy deals with:
- The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold
- How we collect and hold personal information
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- How you may access personal information that we hold about you and seek the correction of such information
- How to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint
- If we disclose personal information to overseas recipients—the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries in the policy.
When we collect your personal information.
We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- Visit our website or social media channels
- Log an enquiry on our website
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Participate in customer surveys or market research
- Contact us
- Give consent to a third party to send us personal information about you.
What personal information we collect.
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
DESTINKT. BATHROOM SOLUTIONS considers all information that could identify you directly or indirectly as personal information:
- Data we automatically collect:
- browser information;
- duration of your visit;
- web pages you visit;
- hyperlinks you select;
- information about your connection, such as your IP-address.
- Personal data you provide (such as when subscribing to our newsletter or electronic enquiry):
- Information about your identity: name; address; postal code; place of residence; country; (mobile) phone number; email address; other personal information.
- Information about our commercial relationship, your enquiries or communication with us or third parties, your preferences and interest
- Technical information: IP address and navigation through our website
- Statistical information: about your visitors to our website. Generally, this information cannot be used to identify particular individuals but may include a visitor’s internet protocol address, which could be linked to an individual
In respect of website users, suppliers, business associates, clients and potential clients, we do not generally collect ‘sensitive information’ (such as information about ethnic origin, religious or political views, health information, tax file numbers etc.).
- we have the consent of the individuals to whom the sensitive information relates; or
- the collection is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety; or
- the information is required for another legal reason provided for under applicable privacy legislation, including in Australia the Privacy Act 1988) or other applicable legislation.
You have the option of remaining anonymous when dealing with us in relation to a particular matter, or not disclosing personal information to us. However, this may mean that we will not be able to provide our services or respond to you in light of the nature of our business.
How we use your personal information.
We process your personal information on the following legal grounds:
- For the performance of a contract (for example subscribing to our newsletter):
- For the purpose of our legitimate interest, including marketing purposes
- For compliance with legal obligations
We process your personal information for the following purposes on the noted legal grounds:
- Website administration
- To provide you with relevant content
- To approach you to promote our products and related services
- To contact you via email, message or phone
- To understand how people are using our websites and related services and to improve our website, including website administration
- To personalise your experience, the content and advertisements on our website
- To manage your requests (including complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of personal information)
- To manage customer relationships, including newsletters, surveys, the processing of such information is made subject to your approval
- To comply with legal requirements based on law and regulation, and where appropriate for the prevention and detection of fraud.
Sharing of personal information:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Your personal information may be shared with other domestic entities of DESTINKT. BATHROOM SOLUTIONS for marketing purposes. If you do not want your personal information shared, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are required to do so by court, law or legislation (for example, holders of intellectual property, supervisory authorities, Tax and Customs administration, the police or other legal entities).
- We will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary and legitimate to protect the safety or rights of a third party or to protect our rights.
We will, for as long as your personal information is used, and for a period of 1 (one) year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed, the date of disclosure and the purpose of the disclosure.
Overseas recipients and countries we are likely to disclose personal information to
We may need to share some of your information with organisations outside Australia. For example, in the course of our marketing activities we will generally need to share your details with our marketing software providers. We will not send your personal information to a recipient outside Australia without obtaining your prior consent or otherwise complying with relevant Privacy laws.
We may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed.
Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information We share with them under a foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Sometimes we may be required to collect government-related identifiers such as your tax file number. We will not use or disclose this information unless we are authorised or required to do so by law or the use or disclosure of the identifier is reasonably necessary for us to verify your identity for the purposes of Our business activities or functions.
Retention of personal information:
We will retain your personal information for a period necessary to fulfill the purposes of processing of your personal information. Personal information linked to an account may be retained until the deletion of the account, and for a period of 1 (one) year thereafter, unless a longer retention period is required for our services, a dispute or as permitted by law.
We will delete and/or destroy any personal information which has become obsolete.
Protection of your personal information
We take reasonable organizational and technical measures to help secure your personal data and to help prevent unauthorized access, illegal processing or distribution, as well as accidental loss, modification or destruction.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
However, you should be aware that the internet is not a totally secure environment. We cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us or we provide to you via the internet.
Links to other websites:
Your rights you have over your personal information and data.
You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about you. You can furthermore withdraw your consent at any time. You may submit this request to us by the following email address: email@example.com.
We will always give you access to your personal information unless there are certain legal reasons why we cannot do so. We do not have to provide you with access to your personal information if:
- We cannot verify that you made the request;
- We believe there is a threat to life or public safety;
- there is an unreasonable impact on other individuals;
- the request is frivolous;
- the information request is subject to legal proceedings;
- it would be unlawful;
- it would jeopardise taking action against serious misconduct by you;
- it would be likely to harm the activities of an enforcement body (e.g. the police);
- it would harm the confidentiality of our commercially sensitive information.
If we cannot provide your information in the way you have requested, we will tell you why in writing.
If you have concerns, with access to information or you believe something is wrong with the information you can complain by contacting us on +61 4 0695 1859 or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date personal data about you, or if you suspect that we incorrectly processed your personal data, you may ask us at any time to correct that information. Through the abovementioned contact details or the displayed opt-out-possibilities you may object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
You may also request us to transfer your personal data to another controller. Objections and insight requests, correction, deletion or transfer will be executed, in accordance with the law, notwithstanding exceptions, within 4 (four) weeks.
However, we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If you have a complaint related to the processing of personal information by us, please submit your complaint to email@example.com. We will review complaints and questions within four weeks.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you may escalate their complaint directly to the Information Commissioner for investigation:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
When investigating a complaint, the OAIC will initially attempt to conciliate the complaint, before considering the exercise of other complaint resolution powers.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Essential cookies: those used to navigate the website necessary for the basic functioning of the website – these will always be enabled.
- Non-essential: Use of third party cookies that assist in analysing and understanding your use of this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You have the option to opt-out of these cookies, although by opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. These cookies are used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents.
The social media buttons on this website are links to specific social media pages. If you click on a social media button, your personal information will be processed by the specific social media service.
Most browsers allow users to reject all cookies providing a corresponding manual to reject cookies. Please bear in mind that the rejection of cookies may result in a non-functioning website.
Changes to our policy.
This policy was last modified on 10 June 2020.
Terms and Conditions.
Please also view our other Terms and Conditions on this site section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.